Contract type: Contract, up to 4 months
To respond to a growing number, intensity, and duration of international crisis worldwide the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is gradually expanding the number and scope of projects implemented through the KfW Development Bank (KfW) in fragile settings and countries of origin and transit of refugees. To mobilize consultants’ expertise more easily in the future and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of required expert input for the preparation of upcoming projects the KfW engaged a Panel of Pre-qualified Consultants, including the m4h-lead Consortium of 5 specialist international development consulting companies (The Consortium includes Luvent Consulting GmbH, SWECO GmbH, Groupe Cayambe SARL, HYDROPHIL GmbH and management4health GmbH).
Within the scope of the Framework Contract- Fragile Context, our role will be to respond rapidly with adequate expertise of international and national experts to future calls for services in fragile states. These services will include Pre-feasibility Studies, Services related to Environmental and Social Safeguards and Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Analysis of the Project Executing Agency (PEA), Peace and Conflict Analysis (PCA), Analysis of Target Groups and Project Affected People (ATG) in 6 target sectors: water, energy, transport, health, education, peacebuilding/crisis prevention/promotion of social coherence.
It is against this background that we seek qualified consultants as Senior Experts (or a Team of Experts) to collaborate with us in conducting Analyses of Project Executing Agency (PEA) in selected fragile context.
The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) requires that a proper analysis of an institution(s) that is being responsible for the implementation and running of a project, must be carried out and documented with a focus on the respective function of the relevant PEA in the financial cooperation (FC) project. The analysis of the PEA is a mandatory part of a project proposal. The Senior Expert sought for the Assignment will undertake a study of the envisaged agency (or agencies) and summarize the findings in a comprehensive report including, but not limited to:
- Operational legitimacy of PEA
- Institutional competencies and capacities of the PEA including Legal Capacity, Organizational Capacity, Human Resources, Economic capacity, Environmental basis.
- Experience and expertise of the PEA in the context of the project
- Goals of the project corresponding with relevant targets of the PEA
- A brief presentation of the institutions being responsible for implementing and operating the project, showing their respective, project-specific tasks and their functional relations with each other, and in their institutional context.
- At least 10 years of relevant postgraduate professional experience.
- At least 5 years of proven expertise and experience in conducting due diligence/ partner PEA assessment at an institutional (governmental) level and formulating high level strategic analysis and recommendations for project design and capacity development.
- Track record in providing consulting work: (1) Qualitative: conducting and recording in-depth interviews, focus groups, developing questionnaires, analysis and formulating recommendations and (2) Quantitative work on PEA Analysis of similar nature.
- Team leading proven expertise
- Willingness and ability to travel to country of assignment (international experts)
- Fluency in English and/or French depending on the country assignment
- Prior experience in the delivery of TA or PEA for KFW is a value added.
- Prior experience in conducting PEA at a national, regional and/or international level related to multilateral organizations, DFI is sought after
Higher academic degree (masters or higher) in Public Administration, Management, Public Finance, Economics, International Law or other related field.
Expertise in one of the following sectors:
- water, energy, transport, health, education, peacebuilding/crisis prevention/promotion of social coherence
Geographic expertise in one (or more) of the following countries:
- Middle East, Afghanistan & Pakistan: Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Yemen
- Africa – Francophone countries: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo, Guinea, Mali, Niger
- Africa – anglophone countries: ECOWAS (as an institution), Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting the above-mentioned “Call for National and International ESDD – Fragile Context” in a subject line.
To be able to contact you swiftly for this and other suitable opportunities we will store your CV and personal data on our Expert Roster, which is only accessible to limited number of staff. By replying to this Call for Experts you declare your consent for your data to be used for the project development related activities and for as long as it serves the purpose for which it was collected. You may also at any time request the restriction of the use or processing of your personal data (Art. 18 and 19 EU GDPR), request the transmission of your personal data to third parties (§ 20 EU GDPR), or object to the use of your personal data (§ 21 EU GDPR). If you want to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org