Contract type: Fixed-term position (12 months)
Introduction: management4health (m4h) is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Urban Health Governance Specialist to work closely with the national counterpart in Bangladesh. Further details of the project will be provided during the interview process.
The scope of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Supporting in each and every output of the national consultant and provide guidance, advice, and inputs accordingly.
- Review current intuitional arrangement/ legislation structure that impacts on the roles and functions of the Health Department in at least 20 selected ULBs; and propose measures to refine organizational structure of health departments to fulfil the ULBs’ responsibilities in urban primary health care (UPHC) services delivery.
- Review current planning and governance practices in the ULBs level, identify gaps, and take measures to strengthen governance and capacity of UPHC considering lessons learned and international good practices.
- Develop an overall urban governance improvement and institutional capacity building program for UPHCSDP Project.
- Develop mechanisms to restructure the health departments and their work processes to ensure buy-in of higher authorities such as the Mayor and/or the Ministry of Local Government.
- Ensure that the project’s six Institutional Reform Actions for institutional and financial sustainability of urban health by local government are achieved
- Ensure that governance improvement indicators are properly addressed in restructuring of selected health departments
- Coordinate with other all other experts with respect to governance improvement in implementation of urban PHC action plan.
- Identify capacity development trainings in respect of governance improvement in urban primary health care (UPHC) services delivery, and coordinate for its proper implementation.
- Prepare quarterly/monthly report on the progress of governance improvement initiatives taken by the project.
- An advanced university degree in public policy or administration, governance, business management/studies, or related fields
- At least 10 years’ experience in working on urban local government institutional capacity development/governance improvement programs is preferred
- Familiarity with ADB operations and project development processes, and experience with international best practices desirable
- To apply, please send your CV with a motivation letter to the attention of Mrs Susanne Manns at email@example.com
- Candidates should state the role (UH Governance Improvement Specialist) in the subject header
- Please indicate availability for part-time and / or full-time position
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- m4h is an equal opportunities employer