Contract type: 36 month contract duration, full-time for the first nine months (location: Kharkiv), plus 14 person-months intermittent over the remaining 26 – 28 months
Introduction: Within the scope of German-Ukrainian cooperation, USIF and KfW have signed further Financial and Project Agreements for a grant of EUR 14.45 mill to finance the implementation of the new “Improve-ment of Rural Basic Health Project” (USIF VII). Implementation of Phase VII works are to focus on the oblasts of Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporyzhzhya and - in territories of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts controlled by the Ukrainian government (Project region) – with a total population of some 5.8 mill. people. USIF (Ukrainian Social Investment Fund) is an autonomous and public non-profit organisation under a Supervisory Board (SB), headed by the Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine. USIF is responsible for the implementation of all the comprehensive activities referenced above. management4health GmbH (m4h) is currently preparing a bid to become Consultant to USIF, supporting USIF in the implementation of the investments. Therefore, m4h is inviting applications for the Team Leader position.
The Team Leader will have the overall responsibility of the project implementation, including on-site project management, steering of other long- and short-term consultants and maintaining close liaison with both, the Project-Executing Agency (USIF) and the Client (KfW), supported by m4h main office in Frankfurt and one full-time national counterpart.
The project has three main components:
- Component: Infrastructure Component – Around 40 primary health facilities (SPs) are to be rehabilitated and fully utilised by the end of the Project, i.e. by April 30th 2023.
- Component: Training Measures for Stakeholders – Intensive training shall be provided for USIF-staff, medical doctors and staff of beneficiary communities, local / self-government authorities, etc. in respect of energy efficiency of buildings and spaces as well as the maintenance of infrastructure as well as the administration and management of health care services at a local level.
- Component: Procurement Furniture and Medical Equipment – All rehabilitated primary health facilities are to be fully furnished and equipped with modern and appropriate medical instruments and equipment, and with basic medicinal provisions – as per valid Ukrainian norms and regulations.
- University qualification in architecture or civil engineering
- Any certification in project management is considered an asset
- Language: English is mandatory, Russian and/or Ukrainian are considered a strong asset
- Profound expertise in civil engineering with not less than 10 years’ professional experience in similar internationally funded construction / engineering projects. Familiar with requirements of implementation for social investment funds is considered a strong asset. Familiarity with the construction of primary healthcare facilities is considered a strong asset.
- Proven ability to manage detailed planning, tendering as well as implementation and work supervision of projects. Proven track record in the field of civil engineering, particularly in Ukraine and / or former CIS-countries.
- Proven record of Project management (minimum of 3 years’ experience), including monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Experience in working in the development cooperation (preferably in German financial development cooperation).
- Thorough knowledge regarding procurement processes (setup, regulation, tender procedures and evaluation), especially according to WB and / or KfW guidelines.
- Profound knowledge of energy efficiency measures – and how to evaluate their impact and efficiency.
- Profound expertise in Environmental and Social management.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Impact assessment and analytical skills.
Work experience as team leader, preferably in long-term assignments
- To apply, please send your CV with a motivation letter to the attention of Mr Dominik Horrion at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates should state the role “Team Leader for USIF VII” in the subject header
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- m4h is an equal opportunities employer