12/2020 – 09/2022
Main Clinical Centre Rijeka (KBCRi)
European Investment Bank (EIB)
RRP International Planners Pte. LLP, Gorski d.o.o., ZDL Arhitekti d.o.o.
m4h Key Areas
Overall project value
The overall objective of the project is to establish integrated hospital facilities for KBCRi that are aligned with the human resources and equipment needs to provide efficient, safe, and affordable healthcare services to the population in KBCRi’s catchment area.
The project reorganised medical, teaching, and research capacities and contribute to implementing the operational organisation described in KBCRi’s 2018 Strategic Facility Plan. The guiding principle for the TA services were following international and European best practices and standards in the respective areas of assistance, and benchmark KBCRi’s future services and capacities against hospitals of comparable size and mandate. The main project stakeholders are the KBCRi (management for decision-making, and supervisory board for approval and supervision) and the Croatian Ministry of Health.
The scope of work included:
- Review, analysis and update of the key determinants and planning parameters for KBCRi’s future service portfolio and capacity (hospital services needs assessment), and the resulting hospital model, that will allow, in collaboration with KBCRi professionals and other stakeholders, to elaborate a comprehensive functional plan for the new KBCRi General Hospital and define the main characteristics of the building and technology required.
- Elaborate a comprehensive feasibility study and capital investment plan for the third and final phase of KBCRi’s Infrastructure Development Plan on the Susak site (new KBCRi General Hospital building and supporting services).
- Prepare the planning documents in co-operation with the KBCRi team.
The project delivered the following results:
- Updated service needs assessment of the main clinical centre and hospital model clearly defining the organisation of services and expected demand.
- Preliminary functional plan and space requirements definition.
- Determination of technology and medical equipment needs.
- Preliminary design, implementation plan and budget estimation.
- Traffic study.
- Feasibility study including financial analysis and plan.
- Documentation for the procurement of the final design.
- Outline of project management arrangements.
- Stakeholder consensus workshops and final comprehensive Feasibility & Masterplan Report.