The delegation from Kyrgyzstan, led by Ms. Gulkan Moldobekova – Head of Parliament Committee for Social Affairs, Education, Culture and Healthcare, and composed of representatives of different departments in the Ministry of Health, the Mandatory Health Insurance Fund, and from the Maternal and Child Health centers in Bishkek and Osh.
From 8 till 12 of October 2018, the delegation visited the Sana Klinikum Lichtenberg in Berlin, the Klinikum Ernst von Bergmann in Potsdam, and the Städtisches Klinikum in Brandenburg an der Havel. During the study visits, the delegation participated in workshops with doctors and nurses, as well as management staff, and was guided through the Maternal and Child Health departments in each hospital.
During their visit, the delegation has been informed about the German perinatal services and system, as well as discuss several relevant topics for the NPC in Bishkek, including:
- Business planning at the facility and department level (costing and resource planning for investment.);
- Maintenance of medical and non-medical equipment:
- Quality of care;
- Support to socially & financially vulnerable patients and their families – accommodation during consultation and treatment, etc.;
- Organization of outpatient services (counseling at 2nd and 3rd level), including neonatal follow-up;
- Referral and transportation – women/new-borns, including financial incentives for referral (both outpatient and inpatient, and communication to support referral and transportation;
- Task sharing between physicians and nurses/midwives (historical perspective and current trends);
- Staffing norms for different levels (both outpatient and inpatient departments) and recruiting mechanisms;
- In-service training, particularly for nurses/midwives;
- Neonatal surgery – including integration with tertiary neonatal care.
The delegation will bring back a valuable experience and a wealth of knowledge and ideas that will help to optimize and successfully implement the National Perinatal Center – Accompanying Measures in Bishkek. Upcoming Workshops and training will take advantage of the lessons learned during the study tour.